"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Girls Trip

Jody, Mel, and I decided to leave the kiddos behind and take a quick trip to Syracuse for the night. Mel is about to move to NYC for the summer and I only have 23 days until I move back to AZ. (not that I'm counting) Jody is actually staying in Ithaca, her hubby got a great job at Cornell so they couldn't pass it up. We thought we needed to get away before we had to say goodbye. I love these girl. They are how I survived this year.This is us in the Syracuse Mall. It was just fun to actually be in a real mall again.
This is us at the movies. We saw "Made of Honor". It was OK, not my favorite but a good movie for just girls.
Melanie with Patrick
Jody with Patrick
And me!
Mel and Jody in our hotel room. It was a total nice hotel. Thanks Jody for finding it. I had a great time, I wish we could have stayed longer. I'm really going to miss you guys. Thanks for everything.


13 comments:

Kippy said...

what a fun trip! and i'm happy to hear you are moving back to the valley of the sun! we will have to do lunch on one of meg's trips.

Jonnie said...

I had no idea that you were moving back to good ol AZ! Just in time for the sweltering heat! Lucky you. I bet you are beyond excited and I bet Val can't wait either.

Jody said...

Thanks for posting our fun trip! I had such a great time and only wish we would have had more of them. I am so sad to see you go...you don't even know how much I'll miss you! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend!

Hess Fam said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you got to do that. You deserved it! I love the count down to AZ. I can't wait to see you there!!
And...Don't Stress! ;)

Nat said...

How fun. Please say I can be in on your next "girls trip!"
Sad to hear this review of M.O.H., I had high hopes.

sara said...

Abby- how nice to get away!!! What a fun time and your friends are too cute. I can't believe your time in Ithica is already coming to an end!!
Thank-you for the sweetest comment. All I can say is ditto back to you!

Aubree said...

Good for you and good for Todd for letting you go! A girls get away is much needed! Stinks to hear that McDreamy's movie wasn't so good.

Aubree said...

Big day is August 26th. I talked to Biggs yesterday and she was going to try and make a trip of it. That would be awesome if she could make it. Hope you guys are doing good!

Anonymous said...

So fun! We need to plan a girls trip when you move back. It's been a while! I'm glad you were able to do that with your girlfriends before you all leave. I'm even more glad you are moving here this month!!!!

Gary said...

Too bad we didn't start doing these at the beginning of the year! It was a lot of fun. I'm really going to miss you...our girls nights just won't be the same. Thanks for being a great friend! If you don't mind I am just going to steal your pictures from your blog to post on mine!

Melanie

Cassie Simonton said...

I am so jealous of your Girl Trip! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I had no idea that you guys were moving back to AZ? What is your plan once you get to AZ? We need to catch up! I will be in town in July we will have to get together to catch up! :)

Ra-call-dee... said...

Thats awesome! Seriously, thank heavens for good friends! I count on my friends so much here in Florida!!! Do you know where you are going next??

KatieZ said...

Abby, I read your blog a while back about immunizations. You said you could pass on more info if anyone is interested...I'm interested! I'm due with #3 in 6 weeks. I'm trying to do my research this time. Can you email me? Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to do it.

katie.zaharis@cox.net