"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Friday, May 23, 2008

NYC

We Just got home from the funnest trip to the city. It was the best. We had 2 nights and 3 days of fun with no kids!!! Thanks to the nicest and most generous Cathy and Newell Cooper we got to stay at the Marriott Marque right in the heart of time square. It was awesome, we were so close to all the shows and got to see time square right from our room. We couldn't have even imagined a better place to stay. My parents flew in a week early for graduation so they could babysit for us. It was so nice to be able to not stress out about our kids and how they were being taken care of. This was Todd's first trip to the city and he loved it too. There is something about NYC that is just amazing. The energy is awesome! We had the best time. Here are a few pictures of the trip. This is us at WICKED! It was awesome, we totally loved it.
Us getting in line for $25.00 student rush tickets for Legally Blonde.
Todd on the tour bus.
Todd at a memorial at for 911.
Todd & the Empire State building
Us on the tour bus
Me on the tour bus in time square

Us at the Legally Blonde show. It was SO good, I would totally recommend it. We had front row seats and it was so fun to be so close.
Todd and I on the Staten Island ferry
If you look really close you can see the statue of Liberty in the back.
Todd & a bridge We took a trip to the Temple and it was amazing. I think its the 2nd most beautiful temples next to Nauvoo. It was breathtaking.
Todd in time square after the the Legally Blonde show.
It wouldn't be a trip to the city without a stop at serendipity's for some food and a frozen hot chocolate.
And yes, Todd did partake! He even loved it.




10 comments:

Nat said...

I am GREEN right now with envy! How fun!!!! Just the two of you trapesing about the big city, going to the theater, eating the best desert in the world (I am so proud of you Todd)! And doing it all while looking out and out adorable, Love the little green scarf, so cute!

...I'll need more details on everything.

Colette Goodman said...

Looks like you had a great trip. I'm so glad you like Legally Blonde. I loved it when we went and saw it. We also had front row seats and "Elle Woods" flirted with Cooper the whole time. I'm not joking. And he loved it. He still talks about it.

Ra-call-dee... said...

I love WICKED! I am so jealous. I just saw it in May! It looks like it was an fun excursion!

Brittney Smith said...

Wow, What a great trip. I'm so glad you were able to get away for a few days in New York before coming to AZ. It looks like you guys really did it all. The frozen hot chocolate looks delicouse!!

Lacey said...

What a great way to end your time there before headin back to the valley of the sun. The time away with just your spouse is so wonderful isnt' it. We haven't done it much but when we have it has just given us a jumpstart back into life and nothing can take away the memories of that time spent alone. Don't you love parents too!

Allyson Condie said...

I can't think of a couple who deserves a getaway more than you guys! You look great, and the trip looks like lots of fun. Congratulations to Todd (and you too) on graduation!

Hess Fam said...

Oh my gosh the FUNNEST trip! I LOVE every second of it! First and foremost, you look like a SUPERMODEL and I mean it! I love that you saw wicked and legally blond. I love that Todd had a sweet. And I love that you got to see the Manhattan Temple. I'm dying to go there. Can't wait to see you in about a month!

sara said...

Basically I had the biggest smile on my face this whole post!! L O V E D it! What a dream vacation w/ the hubby! You guys look so good and so happy! And how nice that your parents came out early to watch the boys...could it get any better!? Tell Todd I'm proud of him for partaking AND loving it!!! :)

Marnie said...

I'm so jealous Ab! Looks like a fabulous trip. How nice of your parents to watch the boys so you could get away and explore the big apple. One of these days I'll make it there. How fun that you'll be back in AZ too. I bet your families can't wait.

Ashly said...

so fun! jono and shelly saw legally blonde while they were here last weekend and they said it was so good. i need to go see it!