"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Friday, May 9, 2008

Last Track Meet EVER!!!

Saturday was Todd's last Cornell track meet EVER!! Can you believe it, he is officially done with college sports, and I can't wipe the smile off my face. Ever since I have known him he has been playing sports and now it's all over. I know Todd will miss it but me and the kids are just so excited to get to see him a little more. It's been so fun to have him home before eight at night. I think he is a little lost but he will get used to it. So here are some pictures of Todd at this last outdoor track meet.Todd after the race was over.
Me and Todd! This was after the race, can you tell I'm really happy!!!!
Todd and Jeremy. Jeremy is also from AZ and leaves on his mission this Summer. He's been like a little brother to us and makes a great babysitter. We love him.
Getting warmed up.
Still getting warmed up.
Ready, set, ....
Just kidding, I made him pose for some pictures after the race. Doesn't he looks cute. I can't believe it's all over, I'm thankful for the opportunities that sports have brought Todd and our family and have enjoyed watching him play. But I'm SO ready to close that chapter and begin a new one.


6 comments:

Hess Fam said...

I want to know how Todd feels about this happy post! I'm so happy for you to be able to see what else life has in store for you guys! You are such a supportive wife! Todd is one lucky guy!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's REALLY over!! I am sure it's bitter/sweet for you guys - bitter for Todd and sweet for you! You are so great to support Todd and his love of sports. Now it's business time! One of these days our husbands will have real jobs:)

Valerie Nielson said...

Way to go Todd! Now the only things you will have to jump over are your kids and their toys on the floor! Retirement will look good on you just like everything else looks good on you!

Aubree said...

Felt like I needed a ticket to view that gun show! Nice armsies Todd! Are you sure your not going to miss this just a little bit? It will be fun seeing what the next chapter has in store for you guys!

Jessica said...

love that uniform. I also was so happy when chad stopped college sports!

sara said...

k- I am laughing at Aubree's gun show comment! That's funny. But true! Abby -I love your huge smile. Todd will be the best Dad coaching his kiddos -I'm sure he'll pass on his love of sports to them!
Wow. You're not going to know what to do with Todd around so much -but I'm sure you'll figure it out real quick! :) I'm happy for ya.