"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Monday, April 7, 2008

Defeat Autism Now Conference!

This weekend I attended DEFEAT AUTISM NOW conference in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Can I just say that for anyone that has an autistic child this should be a mandatory conference, I would even go as far as saying parents with a typical child would benefit greatly from this conference. It was amazing. I learned so much about the importance of diet, I learned about toxins in the environment (which is frankly just plain scary), I learned about the dangers in Vaccines and how to implement a safer schedule, supplementation, how ABA is so important for a child with autism, and was able to talk to so many other parents who like I was forced into this world of autism. The whole time I was there I would just think about the millions of other mothers who weren't hearing this. I wanted to call everyone I knew and scream from the roof top that there is something we can be doing, there is hope, and children have gotten better. I'm so grateful to my parents for funding my trip and of course Todd for taking care of the kiddos while I was gone. It was amazing, and I would recommend it to anyone with a child with autism.Yes, I got to visit with Jenny. She only said the "F" word twice in our conversation. So, she has a potty mouth but I love her anyways. She is on a mission to inform the world about autism and the risks that are out there. LOVE her! ( Also, don't you love her hair. I totally want that haircut)
Yup, she signed my book. It was a really long day so sorry about the ugliness. I would leave the hotel at 8:00 am and not get back until 10:00pm. The days were long but I didn't want to miss a thing.
All the great info I have to read up on. LOVE IT!





FYI: I hope everyone was able to watch Larry King Live the other night. It was awesome. Please look into implementing a safer vaccination schedule, this is something that needs to be done. I could go on and on about the affects of so many vaccines at such a young age but I'll spare you. If you would like to know more e-mail me and I'll send some info. Don't be fooled when they say vaccines are safe. Let me leave you with what they put in them:
*Mercury & Aluminum
*Viruses, Bacteria
*Formaldehyde
*MSG
*HCL
*Antibiotics
*Human, cow, chicken, guinea pig, monkey, tissue/serum
*Yeast and egg

Does this sound safe to you??? I am a believer in vaccines and I do think we need them. But lets demand better and a safer schedules. Get you child vaccinated by the age of two is ridiculous and DANGEROUS. Have you ever looked at the list of vaccines we give our kids ? The list goes on and on. Ten years ago we gave 10 shots by the age of 5. Sounds safer to me. Common sense people!!!!
Just one more thing. Sorry. The FDA recorded that 0.1 MCG/KG/Day is safe level of organic mercury. The DTap, Hib, Hep. B total 62.5 mcg this exceeds all "safe" levels combined for a 5 kg infant. Pretty scary stuff.


16 comments:

Valerie said...

What a cool opportunity for you and what great info. to learn about and come away with. Thanks for sharing! And very cool pics. too of your visit with Jenny.

havensmama said...

Abby...Way to go girl! I am so glad that you are doing everything you can for your little family. I watched Larry King and loved it! It really is about time that the world became better educated. Thanks for sharing all the great info. We missed you at the reunion!!

Anonymous said...

You are so amazing! I did see on your blog about the National Autism Day and watched a few interviews on CNN and Larry King Live. It was very informative as a parent, and it makes me commend you on all the things you are doing to help educate yourself (as well as anyone who reads your blog) about autism. JoJo sure is a lucky boy to have such a wonderful mom:)

Ra-call-dee... said...

When I have kids I am calling you! That is awesome you got to go to that conference. I am really glad to see that vaccinations are being taken more seriously. With a mom like mine, I am all mixed up in my thinking, but its all starting to make sense! I still want to talk to you about your diet and cleansing. You look great by the way!

Mandy said...

Hey Abby...ok I know I've come across your blog way long ago. But I'm not sure if I've commented yet. This is Mandy Frazier (Sister Phair) from the California Anaheim mission. I was a fresh greenie when you were in the field in Yorba Linda (or near abouts :) I don't know if you remember me. It was very interesting reading your post on the autism conference and meeting Jenny McCarthy. How cool is that? I have a 7 month old daughter , Emma. I am in such a bind with the whole vaccines issue. I had no idea SO much junk goes into them. I need to do some more studying. Thank you so much for all your hard work. Hey, I didn't know you were from Arizona. I am originally from Mesa. I think we may have had this conversation in the mission long ago :) hahhahaha. You can check out our blog and see my little family. And it may or may not help you to remember me :)

Hess Fam said...

I love your picture of Jenny, though I'm sad you are not in it with her. I admire your passion to make a difference. I love that you are doing your part in 'spreading the word'! Keep on chuggin' girl. Every little bit helps! Love you.

leah said...

Abby,
I would love some more info. As you might know I am crazy about immunizations. Our kids are not immunized and we would like to do some of the shots but not while they are so young. Can you e-mail me. leahgrow@gmail.com.
I would have loved to be there.

Lacey said...

Abby-I couldn't agree with you more. As a young naive mom of my first Cayden, who is now 8, I didn't know any better and he was given his first shots in the hospital and at one month old when he recieved his second series had a TERRRIBLE, SCARY reaction to the Hep B shot and was hospitalized for 8 days. Since then I feel very strongly in waiting until my children are older before giving them ANY shots. My daughter recieveed the ones I wanted her too before she entered Kindergarden and my baby (15 months old) has not received ANY of them. I would love any great info you have on a good schedule or just anything. Thanks for the posts it made me feel better about what choices I have made for my children and not like a crazy mom,like some doctors want you to feel. -Lacey

Lacey said...

I guess I should have posted my email so you could send me anything. skiptonqwest@msn.com THanks again Abby! -Lacey

Julie said...

I linked to your blog through a friend of a friend of a friend, because of your post on autism and immunizations. I have a 15 month old and am supposed to get the dreaded MMR next week but I am not wanting to. I am very interested in a "safer schedule" - can you give me any info on where to begin to investigate this subject. Thanks so much! I really appreciate your time.

Britney said...

Oh man I am so jealous!! We have our conference next month and I am so bummed I cant go. I was really planning on going until I found out when it is. My husband is gonna be on a work trip that weekend. If my mom will watch the kiddoes im definintly going to try to go!! You should email me some stuff you found out. I am so glad you had a great time and learned some good stuff. NOw you can teach me because I dont know anywhere near what I should =( im dealing with a "toxic" problem right now in the weed killer our HOA is spraying in our neighborhood and im fighting to get them to stop straying!!

SUMMER said...

Hi Abby! Megan told me about your blog post after I posted mine yesterday so I went to your site and read it. You are a TRUE inspiration and amazing mother. My neighbor's little 8 year old is autistic and she has spent over $300,000 in research for this cause. I admire her that she is willing to do whatever it takes to help out her child. She is my "Go to" for everything. I love this woman and she is one educated Mama! I can get you in touch with her if you would like. Let me know... Her son's Dr. is Jenny Mcarthy's son's Dr.! She flys out to see him. She has advised me to do vaccines slowly and to wait until they are older. I listen to EVERYTHING she says... she has much wisdom in life. I am still nervous about something that happened with my oldest daughter last month. I waited to get the 1st MMR shot until she was 2. Then somehow I got talked into giving her the 2nd MMR at her 4 year old check up (last month). I had thought it would be spread out enough between the two but when I came home and told my neighbor... she freaked out. She said that the first one is not even out of her system so WHY are they putting more in? I hope that she will be OK. This is the hardest part about being a mother... having to really think about these things.
P.S. Was your maiden name Abny? If so, my husband Bryan used to live in AZ and said he had a crush on you in 4th grade. So funny! :) Take care!

SUMMER said...

OK- Bryan thinks he was wrong now. I'm sure he would have had a crush on you though cause you are super cute!

the cummard family said...

ok so wait....at what age should we START getting vaccinations for our kids? I thought age 1 was the "safe" age, since they don't even develop an immune system till they are 6 months old, right. i hate shots with a passion....but i feel like some of them ARE important. it's almost like "you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't." i hate it. what is some simple advice you would give me, and everyone else about vaccines?

Nichole Barney said...

How fun to meet Jenny! You always wonder what they are like in real life. I have read a lot about her and she seems like a good person. I do take Kiley to a place to get a foot detox . We just went outside to take the picture of it so everyone thinks we did it at home. You can buy a machine but they are like 2000$. It is crazy what toxins come out of her body through her feet. You should try it for Joseph you never know! We just started doing them so have not seen to much of a change yet. Ill let you know.
It is so great you are learning so much and trying to make a difference. It is always so hard to know what to do or not do for these kids.

sara said...

I love ya Abby!
What an amazing weekend - that is so great you were able to attend and have your mom there too! Not to mention a great husband to hold down the fort while you were away!
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet picture of your BFF Jenny!!!!!!