"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Sunday, January 9, 2011


Dawson & JoJo

I had to document this story so I wouldn't forget it. It's the sweetest & has made such an impact on me. My neighbor that lives across the street Jan (who I LOVE) has such a sweet family, & this is her son Dawson. He is so incredibly sweet to JoJo, always making sure he is alright & having fun. One night Jan was over visiting & told me a story about Dawson. Dawson had asked his Mom if she could have anything in this world for Christmas with no stipulations what would it be. She couldn't really think of anything & then she asked him what he would want. He told her he would want JoJo to have a voice. ( Let the tears begin) I know, I can't believe a 10 year old boy would be so sweet to want JoJo to be able to talk. I am so grateful to live by such a wonderful boy who has a heart of gold. I can't wait for the day when JoJo will get his voice, what a celebration that will be.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sweetest story. Got me all choked up. What a neat little neighbor boy. Thanks for sharing! I love that John calls JoJo brother. So cute. And I'm dying that Grace started crawling at 5 months! Such a big girl! She is a doll. Isn't it crazy to think our little boys are sunbeams now! Griff says he misses nursery. They have toys there!

Erich and Katie said...

What a sweet boy! I would love for the same for our wonderful jo jo!

sara said...

That was awesome.

I am loving all your posts! It seems like your family has sprouted up so fast!
I'm so glad I got to FINALLY meet Gracie- I think she has the ability to hook ANYONE.
Love the motto too. Perfect for everyone. Happy 2011. Love you!

Jody said...

You have the sweetest kids! I seriously can't believe how fast time goes by...you have three kids! You are such an amazing mom, and I wish more than ever that we lived closer. Loved the story about your neighbor, I'm glad you are surrounded by such neat people.

Hess Fam said...

Oh my gosh. Tears everywhere. That is so sweet. I love this.

Nat said...

What special boys. Jo Jo, John & Dawson. You might need to submit these stories to the friend, they are truly inspiring. I love that Jo Jo put his arm around John and he was so happy. Ah, so sweet!

Lacey said...

That is one of the sweetest stories I have ever heard. Glad to see you blogging again!!! Your family is adorable and what a sweet little girl you have. I miss seeing you guys whenever we visit my parents ward.

Unknown said...

That is amazing! Thanks for sharing,

Lacey said...

Abby, thanks for your comments. I didn't realize that JoJO was gluten and casein free. I would love any recipes you have. I have made a few things that have been ok but for the most part I just don't eat any baked goods anymore. I am blogging still, I have a new blog it is sherwoodfamily5.blogspot.com I didn't set it to private so you should be able to get onto it but I would love your email address anyway for all the GF stuff! Thanks again

The Crazy Clawson's said...

Iam so glad you are up and running...i love this story..Can't wait to see you

Marnie said...

That is the sweetest thing! What a great story! I'm glad you have wonderful neighbors.