"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Our weekend in Buffalo, NOT FUN!

We went to Buffalo this weekend to see Joseph's Doctor. Dr. Patel is a pediatrician and also a allergist. She wanted to test to see if he was allergic to anything. So we spent Friday and Saturday getting him tested for sorts of things. Needless to say it was a very LONG weekend for us all. ( This is Jo Jo in are room after the first day of testing. We went and got him a new DVD for him to watch)


We got to stay in the Ronald MacDonald house and it was awesome. SO NICE. This was are room. So much nicer then any hotel we would have gotten. We were so grateful to be able to stay here.
This is us at the Doctors office. In between getting shots he would get to watch his TV.
He got a shot in his arm every 7 minutes from 10am until 2pm on Friday and Saturday. It was so sad and needless to say it was a VERY long two days. We found out he is VERY allergic to dust and dust mites. (great!)




12 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

Oh my goodness Abby, that would be really hard! His poor little arm, but at least you know right! What a trooper you are, such a great mommy!

Cassie Simonton said...

That is the sadest thing!! He is such a trooper! Good luck with the dust, thats a hard one!!

Missy said...

Oh, so sad I want to cry...poor thing. Jenny had to do that too when she was little and I remember being so mad at the Dr. Dust is not a fun one to be allergic too, it's probably a good thing you don't live here right now...AZ is a Dustbowl. I am glad to see you are being taken care of.

Sarah Hawkins said...

How sad! I am so sorry for both of you! It is so hard watching your child go through stuff like that! Good luck on the dust!

Becky said...

AHHHH! that is the saddest thing EVER! oh my! i am all teary just thinking about having to watch and hold him down for a shot every hour! oh my...poor Joseph and poor you, I dont think i could have done that.

So sad.

sara said...

His poor arm!!! That is a ton of shots! Not fun for anyone! :( What the heck are you going to do about the dust allergy?

The Tyler's said...

Rough weekend! You all are such troopers.
I've been meaning to call you, but I guess this works just as well. I have a bunch of stuff for the garage sale. I just cleaned out my hair closet and both my kids rooms so I have lots of junk! Can I just drop it off at your moms? I'm so excited for your garage sale! Every year Juliet does it for Caleb they earn so much money! It's going to be great!

Caryn said...

Oh, that is not fun! I love the RMD House Charity, we stayed at the one in Palo Alto when Braden had his surgeries. Love it. Glad you found out what he is allergic too. Hey, we need Nate & Linds's new address/ info for Vegas, could you send me whatever you have! that would be great... iscaryn@cox.net

Jonnie said...

Baby Boy!!! Poor guy! Or should I say poor mom for having to watch it! I guess dusting will be your new favorite thing to do :) I'm totally gathering stuff for your garage sale, by the way. I have my mom going through her stuff too.

Hess Fam said...

WHAT THE HECK??? Dust? That is crazy/sad/frustrating/etc. I am so sad to see that little arm of his. I'm glad you are living in the super green/non-dusty desert! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Abbs, what a weekend. Poor Jo Jo and poor mama! I have Ryan come with me when Griff gets his shots so I can leave the room. I don't know how you do it! Sorry it was a rough weekend. Hopefully this one will be better. I hate dusting so I am sorry that he is allergic to it. I am still mad at the doctor you told me about. What an idiot!! I miss you!

Cindy said...

Poor little thing!!! It just breaks my heart. I hope you guys are great! Keep us posted on your garage sale. We would love to come!