"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Saturday, September 13, 2008

JoJo

JoJo

I thought I would write a quick update on my sweet boy JoJo. One of the biggest accomplishments is that he no longer has a BINKY!!!! Can you believe it? I really can't. I would have never had the guts to take it away from him since he LOVED it so much and it helped calm him when he was having a melt down, but good things for Dads! Todd made it happen and JoJo really didn't miss it all that much. He would take me to where we kept them but I would just tell him that he was big boy now and didn't need one. It's been about 2 months and still no Binky and I have to say that is a HUGE accomplishment for my little guy.

Another one is he no longer gets to watch his little TV or DVDs. He was obsessed with his little DVD player and would replay the same part about million times and stem like crazy. The Dr saw him do that and told us that it had to stop now. Of course Todd was there so he made that happen too. He gets to watch TV but its limited and doesn't get to watch anything that he can rewind. That is such a huge accomplishment. He has explored so much more, getting into everything and anything. (I have to admit I miss his TV a lot of the time) but I know this will help on his road to get better.

Another huge accomplishment is that he can swim all on his own!!! He is good at it too. Move over Micheal Phelps JoJo is coming.

JoJo also has started Primary and is doing well. Thanks to his sweet teachers the Gornicks who make sure he is happy & calm him when he isn't.

We have been SO blessed in so many ways and know that the Lord is really looking out for our sweet boy and our family. So the hard days you can get through knowing that the Lord is blessing us. JoJo still has no words, but I know someday I'm going to hear the sweetest things come out of his mouth. John has passed JoJo a lot in his skills and that is really had to watch, but I know it will come in time. JoJo has the sweetest disposition about him and he really is a joy to be around. I'm really lucky to be is Momma.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post!! Congrats to Jo Jo for all of his accomplishments!! Those are all huge. He looks so old in these pictures. And so cute. He's a handsome boy. I can't believe he's off the binky. I know that's a big one! I'm so happy for his progress and know he will continue to do better. Such a lucky boy to have such loving parents. Ok, John looks so cute on the stool brushing his teeth! Such a big boy!

Kippy said...

Thanks for the Jo Jo update. He is such a cute boy and I have so much respect for you. You are a great mom and example :)

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

That is too sweet!! The pacifier thing is the worst...great accomplishment on that one!! I would probably die without tv. Especially the rewinding part. But good for you for doing it!! Well, not knowing him, from all your posts, he seems like a wonderful little boy and completley adorable!! He is soo lucky to have a great, devoted, loving, and can't forget BEAUTIFUL, mother like you!!! (And i'm sure father too, but I only KNOW my Abby!!) Great work Jo JO!!

Jason said...

Abby he is so cute and just seems so sweet. Those accomplishments are awesome!! You and Todd are good parents!!

Maren said...

Abby, he is so handsome! What a sweet boy too. I miss seeing him & James together as babies. The time flies by whether you want it to or not. Thanks for coming by you totally cheered up my day. I love you girl!

Maren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey said...

Abby, he is such a sweet boy, I don't know him personally but I can tell by his pictures and your posts. That is awesome that he is making such BIG accomplishments. I agree the Lord is watching over you and your family and has a love for Jo Jo that is uncomprehendable to any of us. Thanks for all the words of encouragement, I love to read your blog.

Mary Taylor said...

What a big boy! He is so handsome. I'm dreading taking Drew's binky away, I don't even know where to start because he LOVES it. Any advice? What good parents you are!

Marnie said...

I wasn't around then, but I've been told Maddie had a binki 'til she was four. At the end she was weaned down to just nights, but it's a HARD habit to break! She still likes to play with Holland's sometimes too. Way to go JoJo! And way to go to YOU too. It's hard when you don't have as many options to keep the peace. You are watched over and loved!

Nat said...

Right on JoJo! That seems so big to give up the binky and the dvd players. Why does it have to be the hard stuff that is ALWAYS so good for us? Joseph is so cute, how could you not adore that face?

sara said...

Abby props to you and Todd!!!! That is so great! Oh my gosh. Go JoJo!!!! The bink AND dvd's!!!?? Woah. That is so wonderful how much he is progressing and discovering - thanks to you guys! I know it must be so much hard work -It is going to pay off. Somehow, someway, someday!
Very sweet post. You ARE lucky to be his mom, and he is even luckier to be your son...
love ya.

Aaron and Melanie Gordon said...

What a sweet post from such a sweet Mom..Thanks for sharing. We think of you guys often.

The Sperry Fam said...

Hi Abby,
Your little boy is so cute!! I bet you are so proud of him. I know you are a wonderful mother. We need to get togethr for lunch sometime soon, and Iwama too. I had lunch with her a couple of months ago.

Barb said...

I am so proud of you JO JO. You are so cute and soooooooooooo sweet. I love being your grandma and being with you. Your mom and dad are the BEST, too!

Love, Grandma R.

Cassie Simonton said...

You are such a cute Mom Abby...JOJo is lucky to have you...you take such good care of him and always have his best interest at heart!
I am so excited for you and Jo Jo's new accomplishments...stay strong!! You are amazing!!!!

The Tyler's said...

I'm so glad he is doing so great! What a good boy for giving up the binky. Noah is always the one to make the kids give up things like that also. I'm a wimp. John is too cute and too big! Did you get a new camera? That first pic is like crystal clear!

shell said...

you are wonderful! have you read the book "the curious incident of the dog in the night time"? it's good and the boy is autistic. it's cute. just read it.

Jennifer said...

Your crazy sister-n-law finally has become savvy with the blog world. Your blog is so cute!

Skousen Family! said...

Abby,
ok you are the cutest MOM ever! your kids are so LUCKY to have you!! I still love that you married Todd!! oh good times who would have known back in the KING Henry days that you two would get married???!!

Lance and Becky said...

Way to go JoJo! He is so beautiful, and such a fun lovin guy! He has hit some mile stones! Good for him, and good for you guys!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

amazing...simply amazing..you are the best mom

Jonnie said...

Congrats on all the milestones! Wow!!! A little overwhelming, I'm sure...Keep up the great work! He's going to be awesome and one day he'll be able to thank you for all your love, hard work and dedication for him...Miss seeing you at the gym little lady!!!!

leah said...

Thanks for the update Abby. This make s me tear up - I am so proud of him and you and Todd. So many huge steps. What darling kids you have.

Amanda said...

too, too sweet! what a cutie petutie. it must be great to see so much progress--what a little champ! miss you guys =).

harmon family said...

It really is hard to give up the stuff that makes life easier for us Mom's. It sounds like Todd is as committed to making JoJo better as you are. I don't know anyone that could do better than the two of you are doing. He is such a blessing to you. What a wonderful family you guys are.