"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Grandpa Kunz

Today we buried my sweetest, cutest Grandpa Kunz. He died Monday peacefully in his sleep and we had his the funeral today. I was so looking forward to the funeral to celebrate the great life of my Grandpa. It was also so nice to be with all the family. I was excited to hear his life story and to remember what a great life he had lived. It was sad to say goodbye, but I know its only for a short time and we will be reunited. Here are a few pictures of my sweet Grandfather, Milton Miner Kunz.Wasn't he handsome.
I love his smile in the picture. He was always upbeat and happy. When you asked him how he was doing he would always say "I'm fit as a fiddle."
Here he is with my Grandma BettyJo. He loved her so much and they really were such a example of true love. I can only imagine the happiness on Monday when they were finally reunited in heaven. My Niece Chole sang the 1940's jazz song "At last" and it was so fitting. At last they are with each other.
This is the Grandpa I remember. He had a twinkle in his eye.
Here we are at the cemetery in Globe saying are last goodbyes in this life.
Jo Jo and Daddy. I know he is looking down on us and will help us get through this life. We will miss him.


6 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Oh Abb. What a sweet tribute to your grandpa. Thank you for sharing your memories of him!

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Abby that was too sweet!!! My grandpa just passed away a couple of weeks ago too and it was nice to hear all of the things he did on this earth!! I know they are both so happy now to be with loved ones!! So sorry for your loss.

The Tyler's said...

Yes he was handsom! I am really sorry for your family, but how great is it to know that we all will be together again. What a perfect song for that occasion. I'm sure that is what he said when he saw your Grandma again!

Anonymous said...

Love the tribute, Abbs. Very nice. I love the pictures of his younger years. It's always neat to hear stories of grandparents. I can only imagine how happy he is right now.

Marnie said...

I love the old pictures! I'm sad for your loss, but happy for his new peace. Funerals can be so special as they celebrate wonderful lives lived. Thanks for sharing the tribute.

sara said...

YA - he's a handsome fella. I love the old pics. How sweet that they were so in love...and get to be together again.
Funerals are bittersweet.