"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Update on Cleanse

OK, so I just ended the cleanse!!! YEAH!!! I ended a day early since we decided to spend the weekend in DC. I'm so excited to get the heck out of Ithaca for few days. Maybe see the sun, who knows. So I ended early since the book says it takes a few days to get your body ready to eat real food again, and since we were going to a big city with so many of my favorite restaurants I had to get my body equipped to handle it. Hopefully, I won't ruin everything that I just did in just 2 days. So, I would totally recommend the cleanse to everyone. I felt awesome on it. I had more energy on the cleanse then before. I thought I was going to be tired and starving all the time but it's not like that at all. I felt awesome, although by the end I was so tired of not eating, I just wanted to to chew food again. I'm not saying it's not hard but it's not as hard as you think it's going to be. A few tips if you are going to try it.
*Read the book, it inspires you so you won't give up.
*Drink the tea at night instead of herbal laxatives.
*Although I hated this the most make sure to drink the salt water in the morning, you will get the best results with the salt water.
Anyways, I'm hoping to do this cleanse at least once a year but for now I'm going to enjoy food again, in a healthier way. (does this include this weekend?? I'm on vacation right???) So my overall experience: POSITIVE!

6 comments:

Sarah Hawkins said...

Glad you felt better! Salt water, YUK! Have fun in DC, my brother is there on his Mission!

The Tyler's said...

I'm so proud of you for doing it, and I'm sure you look fabulous!
Maybe I'll give it a try after the baby.

Lance and Becky said...

Glad to hear it, I might just try it! I give you mad props for doing it, it's tough!

the cummard family said...

ok, so i'm very interested now. i'm going to have to do some research tonight! proud of you for finishing, and girl....what happens on vacation....stays on vacation ;) eat up!

Marnie said...

Wow Ab- power to you! I don't think I could do a cleanse. Is it supposed to help you lose weight, or just clean out your system and give you more energy?

Chelsea Parsons said...

Abby! Yay! So cool to have connected with your blog! I did the master cleanse back in Feb last yr and loved it... it was great. Im planning on doing it again when I stop breast feeding! HA,,, I havent even started breastfeeding yet, gotta get this baby out first!!!! Anyway, way to go!