"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Friday, March 30, 2007


We just found out that Joseph got into the preschool here in Ithaca that specializes in autism. It's such a great program and we have been a wreck waiting to hear if he would get in. They only had six spots open and they had twelve kids wanting them. When I found out I couldn't help but cry for being so thankful to God that Joseph would have this opportunity. We along with many others have been praying for him for months for him to get in and we are just so grateful. The program is five days a weeks for five hours a day. That is 25 hours a week, it feels like so much for a little 3 year old but they even say 40 hours a week of extensive therapy is better for autistic children. Sometimes I get so upset that he has to work so hard but I know the Lord has a plan for him, I just have to have faith. Anyways it's a great day, thanks to all those who kept Jo Jo in their prayers!

11 comments:

Becky said...

i am so happy for you! Joseph is a special one...that is obvious. Look at her parents! That is great news abby! really i am so happy for you! It will be so good for him!

leah said...

Hi Abby,
I am so happy for you all. I am very emotional anyways but this made me cry. Your faith is an example to me. Sometimes in life I wonder why things are a certain way or its easy to not see the big picture. Thanks for being a good example I am so glad the school worked out. What a blessing. He is so darling. This picture is so cute.

sara said...

phew. how wonderful he got in! That is a relief. Heavenly Father is definitely looking over your family!

The Thompson's said...

That's great he got in since the chances were so slim. That will be nice for you to have a break and be able to spend time with the baby too!

The Wilkins' said...

We are so happy for you and your sweet Joseph. We're sure you are an incredible Mom - keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Joseph got into the school. What a blessing and such a neat experience he will have there. He really is so cute! I know this school will be so good for him.

Nate and Lauren said...

I am sure that is such a relief...isn't it the best feeling when things work out just like you wanted them to... he is such a cute kid!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

He's beautiful Abby. I am partial to boys though. You must be an extra patient and loving mom to get such a blessing from heaven. (this is beck's sis Katy)

Jason said...

That is so awesome! What a blessing. He is so cute! Its amazing how things fall into place! Just goes to show that the Lord really knows each one of us! He knows you and your little family and what is best for you! Thats awesome!

Heather said...

Abby that's great! I'm so glad that worked out for you. What a blessing. Next time you are in AZ we have to get together. I haven't since Joseph in ages!

Valerie Nielson said...

It seems fitting that our little Joseph is in the Sacred Grove where prayer was answered so spectacularly. Our prayers were answered too when he got accepted into that specialized pre school!