"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Abby is Turning 28!


Abby will be 28 on Wednesday the 13th! She is a loving wife and mother and deserves a little recognition. So for her 28th Birthday tribute, I wanted to share twenty-eight things about her that make us laugh, love her, and always want to be around her.
1. She can make a TV dinner look like a home-cooked meal.
2. She has the ability to make everyone she meets feel special.
3. She is an awesome teacher
4. She is always on time, except for when I make her late.
5. For the longest time I could never beat her at paper-rock-scissors, until I realized she always does scissors first.
6. Fox news is always on at our house.
7. Teen-bopper movies are her favorite.
8. The Burbs is her favorite movie.
9. She has beautiful brown eyes.
10. Her smile could melt your heart away.
11. She always orders the same item at whatever restaurant we go to.
12. She wishes I was a vampire.
13. She walked at 9 months.
14. She hates math.
15. Gave birth in my Cornell T-shirt.
16. Helped get an A+ in my marketing class with her scrap booking skills.
17. Always packs me special treats for my trips.
18. Has given me two beautiful kids, maybe the next one will look like me.
19. Has supported me in my athletics.
20. Has lived in 5 different places for the 4 1/2 years we have been married.
21. She might watch more sports than I do.
22. She is the best at Scene-It: Movie edition.
23. Always eats her fries with ketchup and El Pato.
24. She always writes Thank You cards for everything.
25. She is unselfish.
26. She is BEAUTIFUL!
27. She would never eat hamburgers until we moved to Ithaca.
28. She will do anything for you, whether she wants to or not.
There are many more things that we LOVE about ABBY, but there isn't enough time and space for them ALL! Joseph, John, and I are just lucky to have her in our lives. We love you Honey and hope that you have a Great Birthday!

20 comments:

Jonnie said...

Too cute! You are a very lucky girl miss Abby Nielsen Runyan!

Happy Birthday!

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday, Abby! Loved the 28 things about you. You're one of a kind and we all love you.

Kippy said...

How great! So sweet of Todd and I learned some new facts! I love it!! Happy late Birthday!

Hess Fam said...

Okay Todd...What the??? That is the sweetest post...and that he was thoughtful enough to do it before your birthday! I could list a million things that I love about Abb. An amazing example and loyal friend to all! It's great to be 28 in 2008!

Anonymous said...

Have a great birthday Abby!! :)

Chris and Anney Malone said...

#15 is a good one! Happy Birthday Abby, we love you!

Cassie Simonton said...

So cute TODD!!! I am going to have to show my husband this!!!
We love Abby too, she is so special and the greatest friend you could ever ask for! Happy birthday ABBY, we love you!

The Thompson's said...

Happy Birthday Abby! It was fun to read new things I never knew about you! You are a GREAT person! You were a great ROOMIE!!! :) We had a lot of fun times. Hope you have a wonderful day! 28??? We're getting up there!

The Tyler's said...

Todd that was so cute and thoughtful...you even colored some of the words!
My favorite one had to be #2...how she always makes other poeple feel special. So true about her!
Happy Birthday Abby! Hope it's a great one!

The Tyler's said...

Todd that was so cute and thoughtful...you even colored some of the words!
My favorite one had to be #2...how she always makes other poeple feel special. So true about her!
Happy Birthday Abby! Hope it's a great one!

leah said...

Happy Birthday Abby!. This made me cry. I am always way too emotional but I loved it. I know that Todd, Jojo and John are so luck to have you. All of the pics are so beautiful. You have always been a mega hottie and you somehow keep it up as a mom too.

Melissa said...

AHHHHH,what a sweet husband! I love reading your blog!Your family is so cute......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Angella said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Abby! I would have to agree with Todd about everything. You are seriously so beautiful on so many levels. And you are an amazing mommy, wife and friend.

Heather said...

You've GOT to be kidding me! What a nice husband. Tadd doesn't even know my password. :)

Ra-call-dee... said...

Happy Birthday Abby! 28! That is crazy. That was a beautiful tribute good job Todd. I loved all the pictures of you and your family! And I remembered that the Burbs was your favorite movie from the mission! You look wonderful!

Valerie Nielson said...

Aahhh, Todd, that was the sweetest. Good job! Abby eats hamburgers now? That's good news for my visit next month! Can't wait to see all of you!!

Jade said...

Abby, your hubby is too cute! Just the fact that he would log onto your family blog and write happy birthday is great, but the wonderfully kind things he said...to cute! he's a keeper! :) Happy birthday!! your family is beautiful, as are you! 28 looks better than ever!

Palmer family said...

Abby,
HAPPY belatedd BIRTHDAY! I hope it was a good one. Funny thing... I remembered from when we were younger that it was your bday. I liked Todd's #11. Travis would say the same thing about me! I stick to "the best in my book" and order the same things too. Travis almost always tries something new, exotic or interesting. But, he only has a 50% chance of liking it and I always love what I order! :) Sounds like you are all doing well. Have a good one!!

Cindy said...

Abby! That is so sweet I started to cry! You guys are so great and I already knew how special you are! You are the best mom and you definitely do make everyone you are with feel special! Happy Birthday!

Maren said...

I couldn't agree more! Happy Birthday Abby - YOU ROCK!! You made me realize the Mesa ghetto can be cool & we could still have fun in YW despite the drama. We should have been missionary comps! We would have been disciplined for spending the day at Disneyland. I love you for who you are. If you were here we would be eating spinach/artichoke dip at Charleston's to celebrate YOU!