"Do your best and be a little better then you are."
Pres. Gordon B. Hinkley

Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving we spent it at our friends the Cowan's along with about 30 other people. It was a lot of fun and the food was great. The only thing missing was of course our family and the leftovers. So we knew we couldn't do anything about our family but we could do something about the leftovers. We decided to have are own Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. Todd made the turkey and I made everything else. It was great! It was totally white trash. Instead of putting the food on nice plates we put it in the tupperware so all we had to do was place it in the fridge when we were done. I have to say I loved it that way since it meant less dishes. Todd did such a great job on the turkey, it was so cute to watch how into cooking he was. Now we have lots, and lots of leftovers! YEAHJohn LOVES food. He will eat anything and loves it. He loved the mashed potatoes the most. He also tried pickles on Thanksgiving and loved those too! (he's is mommas boy)
GIVE ME FOOD!
Jo Jo actually sat and ate with us for a few minutes. He enjoyed his pickle and gluten free bread. The kid is SO picky!
Here is Todd with our WHITE TRASH thanksgiving!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leftovers from Thanksgiving are the best! Props to Todd for cooking the turkey. Ryan did it last year and did a great job too! I think it should be a tradition that the boys do it. John is SO cute in his high chair eating mashed potatoes! I can't wait to see him. And Jo Jo looks cute, like always. Great idea with the tupperware. Less clean up! Can't wait to see you!!

The Tyler's said...

Oh ya and I love that when you finish eating you can just jump on the treadmill that is right next to the table! Ha Ha!

Valerie said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Your kids are so cute. Props to Todd for doing the turkey. We haven't taken that on yet, so we haven't had the luxury of eating leftovers either.

sara said...

Seriously. We went out to eat with my parents on Thanksgiving and on our way back to their house I told Jess I was already ready to eat again!! We totally should've cooked a dinner like you guys! I love it! yummy. And putting it in the tupperware = genious! Good job to both of you!! :)

Hess Fam said...

Love love love it! I'm laughing so hard at the tupperware. That is so something I would do. You've got to love a rental with no dishwasher!! I feel like I haven't talked to you forever. I'll be calling you soon. Miss you.

Unknown said...

Abby your children are so so cute!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

there is nothing whte trash about that.....good for todd to make the turkey too. i was also sadden that you ruined two desserts to.....ill call you soon

Missy said...

Grover Family + ASU Paper Plates & Cups = WHITE TRASH! Love your cute little family dinner...and your boys are so handsome. I can't believe how fast that little one is growing! You're coming for Xmas right? That will be fun for you! And I freaked out thinking I missed the garage sale and checked my email and PHEWWW, it's the 15th. My Mom and I and Tiffy are dropping off all kinds of good stuff...very soon!

Marnie said...

Nice job on the dinner! I hear you---gotta have leftovers! And I laughed about the pickles. Do you still love ketchup on everything too? And the tupperware was ingenious! The worst part about big meals is the clean-up. Problem solved. We'll have to try that.

Sarah Hawkins said...

Looks like fun! Leftover are always the best! Hey email your address, our computer crashed awhile back and I lost all my address'!
sarahstarrhawkins@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Cindy said...

Lot's of food! Looks like a lot of fun to me! We missed you at our house on thanksgiving. Your family came over. It was so nice! I just love your family! Hope you are doing great! We miss you!

harmon family said...

The Thanksgivings alone and with your kids will probably be your favorites as you get older. Does John have any teeth? Olivia loves food but is still toothless.